Sunday, January 15, 2006

It's two words, people!

People wonder why I can't spell. "A teacher?" they say, "you should be GREAT at spelling!" Well, try marking grade nine students' essays for 8 years and tell me how good you are! I tell ya, I spell like a 14 year old who does not know how to proof read.

The most common spelling mistake that I come across that irritates me the most:

alot

THAT'S NOT A WORD, FOLKS!

It's two words, two words dammit! A LOT

Unless you are allotting someone a piece of land...

1 Comments:

At 12:50 p.m., Blogger Mrs Moreau said...

Oh my god. I've found my soul mate. I'm just about to take my teaching certificate and make it official, and I've vowed that the first class I ever teach, be it English, math, or phys ed even, I will write on the board "a lot is two words."

Heck, I've given grammar lessons to my cheerleaders.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home