Sunday, September 17, 2006

It's time to give up the bar scene when...

Conversation heard in my grade 12 class while students were supposed to be quietly working (yeah, right!)

Student #1: "So, I'm supposed to go to O'[insert irish name here]'s pub next weekend. There's a great band playing!"

Student #2: "Yeah, it's a great bar. We are there every weekend!"

Student #1: "Do you think he'll be there? What do you think I should wear?"

Student #2: "I dunno, I will ask him. Maybe I can invite him and his friends to go and you will just casually show up!"

Student #1: "squeal! Wouldn't that be sick!"

Yeah, OK typical teenage talk. Not really a big deal, right? Unless your Maid of Honour has been planning your bachelorette party for the exact same night at the exact same pub because it really is a really great band!

Crap! This is not good!

1 Comments:

At 2:18 p.m., Blogger Disaster girl said...

I just wanted to say that this entry made me laugh!! I hope you will be able to figure something out so that they dont recognize you. Maybe if you dress really out of character (super slutty, or garnish yourself in bachelorette paraphenalia) and do your hair all funky, they wont recognize you! (I wouldnt count on that though!). My friend has had similar situations as you..its really awkward for her!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home