Sunday, January 14, 2007

Funny things happen in the new year...

The first week back at school after the holidays is quite a strange time. People should be relaxed, ready to go and excited to be back. But we are not. Students and teachers alike. It's been a crazy busy week trying to plan for the last 2 weeks before exams and writing those darn things.

However, some interesting things do happen.

1) One of my students inherited 5 million dollars. Yep, 5 million. I have no idea what I would do with that kind of money at 17. My jaw hit the floor when I heard this. After picking it up from the floor, I wonder what type of parents would send him to school without at least counselling him about why he should not be running around the school telling everyone this. Ah, but maybe that's my jealous streak.

2) Another student, while working on her major project for my class recevied a phone call from a former Prime Minister of Canada. How cool is that? She was able to interview him for her project as I require she finds and uses primary documents. I guess this interview would count. Her mother I guess, knows a former assistant of his, and he got in touch with him and told him about her project. This former P.M. asked her when her presentation was so that he might stop by. Sadly, he'll be out of the country the day she's presenting. It would've been incredible for her to have had him come by for her presentation. Not to mention for the rest of us!

3) Two of my students were travelling to France over the Christmas holidays - seperately. They bumped in to each other, walking down some random street. That's pretty wild. I mean, what are the chances?

Anyway, that's all for now. With exams coming up I'm sure there will be some interesting things coming up - I'll keep you posted!

1 Comments:

At 8:49 a.m., Blogger Ms.Smarties said...

#1 Holy cr@p! Yep, not something he should brag about.

#2 So cool! Does the mother know Bill Clinton personally by any chance? ;-)

#3 France is small. China would have been more impressive, hehe.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home