Soccer season is over!!
Yes, this year I decided to try my hand at "helping" to coach soccer. Even after last year's disasterous attempt at coaching badminton, I thought I'd give this a try.
The girls were great! I was amazed at how much fun I had watching them play. Even with the 7am practices 3x a week. A little bit of drama (they are girls, afterall); and a 1 and5 season. Now, on the surface that may seem like a terrible season, BUT since they hadn't won a single game in 3 years, and we didn't have 1 blowout, I'd say it's pretty darn great! (we kept our opponents to 2-1 and 1-0 scores - just like the World Cup!! )
The only reason why I "coach", is because of the infamous booze-fest also known as the "coach's banquet". For those of you who don't know, teachers like to party. In fact, we party HARD. We don't always party nicely though. Careful, I just may be about to smash some images you might have of your favourite, stodgy, old highschool teachers.
Coach's banquet is where:
- the booze flow FREELY (can't beat that!) normally paid for by your principal.
- teachers get a chance to dress up like it's their prom (so really we never actually grow up)
- pillars on the dancefloor become the dancefloor (yes, we do have some stripper moves in store!)
- clothing sometimes (most times...) comes off
- we turn into students sneaking smokes, cigars, and "other" stuff in the parking lot
- one night stands abound (not good for the next P.D. day)
- some even cheat on their spouses! (again, not good for the next day - period!)
Yes, it's all fun and games.
Just 2 more weeks until...